For the sexual headcanon thing can I ask for Mikado/Masaomi JUST BECAUSE
You can always ask for Mikado/Masaomi! Seriously, they’re my forever pairing, in that I think I’ll always want to think and write about them.
This is true of all the ones I’ve done so far but somehow it’s especially true here: I don’t really have a single, definitive headcanon for any pairing. So what I’m writing reflects the head space I’m in at the moment of writing (either a ficverse I’m thinking about or just where I happen to be in thinking about them).
- what was their first kiss like: It was the reason Masaomi left town with Saki for a while. In Masaomi’s hospital room, Mikado suddenly kisses him without warning. It’s not only the first time he’s kissed Masaomi; it’s the first time he’s kissed anyone. He’s anxious about it for a few reasons but he’s more anxious about what might happen if he doesn’t do it, so he goes for it. Masaomi kisses back and, since he’s the one with experience, ends up guiding the kiss until it breaks. In the wake of the kiss, he just looks at Mikado for a moment before smiling. There’s something unreadable at the edges of the smile but before Mikado can question it, Masaomi tilts his head and leans in. “Once more.” And they kiss again. So Mikado thinks it’s going to be okay. But the next day Masaomi is gone. Eventually he writes to Mikado and explains that he wanted that kiss, he’d been wanting it, but he’d never gone for it because he didn’t think Mikado did. And he still doesn’t think Mikado wants it—not for the right reasons. So he’s gone off to give them space from each other, to see what it’s like to be with someone who loves him and someone he loves—even if he doesn’t love her as much as he loves Mikado.
- where were they their first time having sex: Mikado’s place. Since I haven’t read the light novels, this should be considered canon divergent (well, it already is canon divergent in that I don’t think Durarara!! is intended to be a BL title). Not immediately but not too long after Masaomi returns to Ikebukuro and the boys are reunited, they’re out somewhere one evening, walking and talking, when Masaomi asks if he can kiss Mikado. Mikado goes breathless, wordless, and nods. “Do you want me to kiss you?” Masaomi asks then, head tilted as he studies Mikado’s face. This time Mikado smiles when he nods, and they kiss. And keep kissing. Even when their mouths aren’t joined, their bodies and hands are kissing. “Let’s go somewhere, okay?” Masaomi murmurs before kissing Mikado’s mouth again. He doesn’t pull back far when they part. “I want to make love with you.” Those words get inside Mikado and heat him up as he understands that they’re going to fuck, and that it’s going to be a physical manifestation of how they feel about each other. The only place he can think to go is his room and he’s kind of embarrassed about it—“It’s not romantic, I know…” But Masaomi says he can’t think of anything more romantic than being with Mikado in Mikado’s space.
- who’s louder: Masaomi, but it goes like this—he’s pretty vocal as they start; then, as his arousal reaches a certain intensity, he goes quiet, completely immersed in pleasure; and then as the pleasure continues to build and overwhelm him, he becomes inarticulately vocal again and even finds desperate words towards the end.
- who wakes up first: Mikado, usually. If Masaomi is already awake, it either means there’s something on Masaomi’s mind that won’t let him sleep, or he’s “in the mood for love” (eyebrow waggle, grin that is somehow sweet and salacious at the same time and that Mikado really can’t ever say no to).
- who performs/receives oral more often: Masaomi is the performer more often than not. For a while Mikado felt guilty about taking without giving but Masaomi said reciprocity didn’t work like that; he gets everything he needs in the act of sucking, and even finds a kind of peace in it. And that was that, because how could Mikado ever deny him that?
- what kink they most often use: D/s. Giving over so utterly and thoroughly to someone he trusts with himself even more than he trusts his own self is both an intense relief and an intense joy for Masaomi. Being the trusted one and all that goes with it gives Mikado a thrill he never knew existed.
- who more often tries new things: Masaomi is always bringing new ideas to their bedroom. What Mikado doesn’t realize at first is that nearly all of them are new for Masaomi, too.
- if they had to choose a third+ person to include who would it be: in general and not necessarily specific to this ‘verse I’ve just been thinking about—Anri.